ANNOUNCE: Tinderbox 2.2.0 available
Joe Marcus Clarke
marcus at marcuscom.com
Fri Dec 9 23:15:52 EST 2005
After quite a few release candidates, and some great bug fixes, I am
pleased to announce the availability of Tinderbox 2.2.0. The Tinderbox
2.x series represents stable release with relatively small feature
additions and bug fixes. Work towards a distributed multi-node
Tinderbox is well on its way in CVS HEAD.
Tinderbox 2.2.0 offers the following new features and fixes:
* Tinderbox now provides reasons why a port build may have failed, and
these reasons can be displayed using the www-exp frontend. A new -nolog
option was added to tinderbuild to turn this feature off.
* There is a new -onceonly option to tinderbuild that disables the phase
2 tinderbuild pass.
* A new -trybroken flag was added to tinderbuild to build ports that are
* A new -jobs flag was added to tinderbuild to control how many parallel
make jobs are spawned during a build.
* Ports that are marked as IGNORE (or that otherwise duds) are now
properly displayed in the www-exp frontend.
* A new script called ``enterbuild'' has been added to drop into a
running build just before a port is built for purposes of in-depth
troubleshooting. See the README for more details.
* A bell character ('\007') is printed at the end of a tinderbuild to
alert the user the build has completed.
* Various bugs have been fixed.
Thanks to all our testers and developers who helped to make this release
a tremendous success.
Marcus on behalf of the Tinderbox team
PGP Key : http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://marcuscom.com/pipermail/tinderbox-list/attachments/20051209/bc0520f4/attachment.bin
More information about the tinderbox-list