ANNOUNCE: Tinderbox 2.0.0 Release Candidate 1 now available
Joe Marcus Clarke
marcus at marcuscom.com
Fri Jul 22 19:03:47 EDT 2005
On behalf of the growing Tinderbox team, I am pleased to announce the
availability of Tinderbox 2.0.0 Release Candidate 1 (2.0.0.r1). If
you're a testing sort, please download this candidate, and beat on it so
we can get all the bugs ironed out before the official 2.0.0 release.
Highlights of the release include:
* Multi-phase build support now builds ports exactly as pointyhat does.
* New ``tinderd'' daemon queues and schedules automated port builds.
* Configuration has been moved out of rawenv and into the database add
flexibility and easier upgrades.
* Jail src and PortsTree ports can be mounted via NFS or nullfs.
* A new web front-end, www-exp, has been added to provide control over
tinderd as well as offer a configurable, template-based, approach to
* Security holes around ds.inc and tinderbox.inc have been plugged by
renaming these files to inc_ds.php and inc_tinderbox.php respectively.
* pnohang is now compiled at build run time so it can be easily shared
across multiple TB host architectures
* The hardcoded /space has been replaced with dynamic code. You can now
run Tinderbox in any directory without a need for a /space symlink.
* FreeBSD 7.X support has been added.
* Documentation has been vastly improved. A new web-based version of
the README is also available
* makemake has been overhauled for a much-needed performance boost.
* The three create_new_* scripts have been collapsed into one create
script. Consult the documentation on the new usage.
* The scripts directory has been cleaned up, and various subdirectories
have been added to reduce clutter.
* A new setup.sh script has been added for easy Tinderbox configuration
and database initialization. Consult the documentation for the new TB
* A new upgrade.sh script has been added to make upgrading from TB 1.x a
* MANY bugs have been fixed, including error reporting issues and
Tinderbox 2.0.0.r1 can be downloaded from
http://tinderbox.marcuscom.com/tinderbox-2.0.0.r1.tar.gz. The online
documentation can be found at
http://tinderbox.marcuscom.com/README_2.html. Once 2.0.0 is officially
released, the website will be updated.
PGP Key : http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://www.marcuscom.com/pipermail/tinderbox-list/attachments/20050722/65e53ccc/attachment.bin
More information about the tinderbox-list