ANNOUNCE: Tinderbox 2.2.0 Release Candidate 1 available
Joe Marcus Clarke
marcus at marcuscom.com
Wed Nov 30 02:10:39 EST 2005
On behalf of the Tinderbox team, it is my pleasure to announce the
availability of Tinderbox 2.2.0 Release Candidate 1. This new version
includes the following new features and fixes:
* Tinderbox now provides reasons why a port build may have failed, and
these reasons can be displayed using the www-exp frontend. A new -nolog
option was added to tinderbuild to turn this feature off.
* There is a new -onceonly option to tinderbuild that disables the phase
2 tinderbuild pass.
* A new -trybroken flag was added to tinderbuild to build ports that are
* A new -jobs flag was added to tinderbuild to control how many parallel
make jobs are spawned during a build.
* Ports that are marked as IGNORE (or that otherwise duds) are now
properly displayed in the www-exp frontend.
* A new script called ``enterbuild'' has been added to drop into a
running build just before a port is built for purposes of in-depth
troubleshooting. See the README for more details.
* A bell character ('\007') is printed at the end of a tinderbuild to
alert the user the build has completed.
* Various bugs have been fixed.
Please test this pre-release out if you are so included. Let us know if
you have any problems or comments.
PGP Key : http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://marcuscom.com/pipermail/tinderbox-list/attachments/20051130/324efcb1/attachment.bin
More information about the tinderbox-list