Tinderbox chroot change mount to readonly on demand

Chris Rees crees at marcuscom.com
Thu Jun 9 17:02:39 EDT 2011

On 8 June 2011 20:36, Chris Rees <crees at marcuscom.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Done a couple of little changes to the mounting logic [1], as well as
> modify requestMount to auto-add the -u flag to already mounted
> filesystems, this will allow us to toggle the readonly flag.
>
> It looks rather tricky to be playing with something as major as where
> the build is called from, but I think I'm doing it properly...
>
> Does anyone see any major errors in what I've done so far? Progress is
> slow because I'm at work this week, and very busy writing pupil
> reports as well :/
>
> Chris

OK, so I trashed the mounting changes, the complexity and problems with
mounting ${build}/tmp onto ${buildmountpoint}/tmp when ${build} is mounted
onto ${buildmountpoint} were just becoming depressing.

Then I thought... why not just su to nobody for the building phases?

Patch at [1], and net/rsync was tinderboxed with the patch and passed [2],
and mail/mailman was tinderboxed with the patch and failed [3] (as it
now should).

Would anyone care to test this patch with their ports? Any
well-behaved ports should be fine.

If it works well, I'll look at coding it into the port_failure_reasons.

Chris

[1] http://www.bayofrum.net/~crees/patches/tinderbox-unprivileged.patch
[2] http://www.bayofrum.net/tb/index.php?action=display_markup_log&build=8.2-local&id=640
[3] http://www.bayofrum.net/tb/index.php?action=display_markup_log&build=8.2-local&id=871